Saturday, March 7, 2015

Why I Write



Why I Write
02.28.15

Sometimes I’ve wondered why I write.
Why I continue to write.
Is it my ego I’m stroking?
Then again, that’s not it at all.
For I never cared to write
before Jane crossed over.

Something shifted in me after that event,
a deep desire is driven by what occurred that day.
The events that followed blossomed into
far more than I can explain
in mere words on a page.
To SHARE was all I got.
Over and over it came.
As if knowing my logical mind
would back away.
At first it was to share what?

Then a few months later I was nudged
to put my hands on a keyboard
and explore my thoughts.
But are they really my thoughts?
For when I go back
and read what I’ve written
sometimes I think “Did I write that?”

This journey we call life
so very intertwined with all that is.
It’s hard to realize we’re all in this together,
when all we’ve been taught is to believe
we are all separate and watch out for yourself.

I’ve read that on the quantum physics level
everything is just waveforms,
at this level matter can appear solid one second
and then as a waveform in the next.
My mind likes to wrap itself around science,
it always has.
Like I’m trying to understand
that which is not comprehensible to me.
But ah if science can prove it
that makes it believable.

But if all is various waveforms,
as the quantum physicists tell us,
then are we not all connected?
Is this thing we call consciousness
just expressing itself
in many different ways,
in many different waves?


You are not a drop in the ocean.

You are the entire ocean in a drop.

- Rumi -


All My Love Always, Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment