Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Another Post



ANOTHER POST
10/12/11

I've got four more of these,
backlogged in my drafts file they are.
Don't want to bury you with my musings
but today's a different day.
A number of you
have continued to implore me to write more
and so that is why I post this day.
For last night, I did start a book.
A dear friend removed my block. 
By asking but a simple question,
in an e-mail over the weekend,
"How did you and Jane meet?" she asked.

For I'd pondered where to start
aimless I was for a few weeks.
But that one question released it all
for now I knew where to start
and so I did.
Couldn't sleep
Came down to write I did. 
So it's 2 hours of writing I did do.
Someday to share it with you.

For I know not how long it will take.
Nor how it will be received.
Nor to where it will actually lead.
Maybe it's just a legacy for my grandkids
and their kids that I leave behind. 

Those of you who offered help. 
I'll be in touch.
For I'm not real secure in this venture
and will need encouragement
again I'm sure.

I'm reminded of the most famous verse
of the Tao Te Ching:
A journey of 1,000 miles
begins with but one step.

So as I leave you today
take the risk, begin something new
or try something different.
Stretch from the known to the unknown.
For I know not where I'm going
other than that
I've taken the very
first step.


You are not a drop in the ocean.

You are the entire ocean in a drop.

- Rumi -


All My Love Always, Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment