Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Qi Gong



Qi Gong
03.13.15

An ancient Chinese practice.
Depending on the archeological source
it has been traced back 5 to 7,000 years.
To me, it’s a wonderful spiritual practice.

This morning as my wife and I entered our practice
I was stewing over a comment I had heard earlier.
I was letting my monkey mind run with it
and it was upsetting me.
Off in all different directions it went.
As I settled into the beginning exercises
I became aware of how my mind was racing off
here and there with this idle comment.
Then I remembered some lines from
The Untethered Soul by Micahel A. Singer.
Relax and Release, Open Your Heart.

This was so wonderful.
I felt myself moving into acceptance
and belief of this simple phrase,
amazed that I could open my recently chaotic heart and let God in.
I had God bumps washing all over me in wave after wave.
Letting me know that spirit was with me,
right here and right now.
The other thing I noticed was I didn’t have to allow God in at all.
I just opened my heart
and Christ's Presence within expressed itself as love. 

I continued on with a wonderful time of practice.
There is one movement called Harmony of the Universe
that always feels so very special and spiritual to me.
I form my hands as if holding a ball of energy near my knees.
As I raise it up, I feel it filling with infinite, unconditional love.
As I release my hands towards the skies, I think of loved ones
and send them this love.
I silently send love to family and friends
throughout this part of the movement.

As I bring my hands back over my head in a cupping motion
I feel as if I am seating some of this supply
of infinite unconditional love of the universe
in my being for the day.
I silently chant Gloria In Excelsis Deo,
Glory to God in the Highest,
as I rest my hands above my head.

I write this to remind you to enter your spiritual practice
especially on days when you feel not inclined too.
It sure changed my outlook for this day.

God blesses you and yours this day and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment