Friday, March 20, 2015

Darkness




DARKNESS
10/11/11

As I wander off today any lights seem to be
an interference with where I need to be.
So it’s off into the darkness I do wander.
Seeking where there’s not a light to see.
It sets the mood for contemplation.
Not really, I guess, for it was no-mind.
That’s what I was seeking, no thoughts at all,
just feeling and sight with no thoughts at all.

I feel the earth rise as I walk along,
over a mound did I stroll.
See it not did I.
But experience the rise and fall I did.
Looking down my feet I did not see
for it was pitch black, a darkness so stark.

But the rise and fall of the land I experienced
without the aid of sight.
And so I found in the darkness what I sought,
a no-mind state,
and experienced wandering in quite a different way.
May your day surprise you like that
when an ordinary experience
appears in an extraordinary way.

All My Love Always, Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment