Wednesday, March 11, 2015

My Old Bike



MY OLD BIKE
10.26.11

Off to golf on Tuesday afternoons,
this beautiful afternoon I so enjoyed,
and as it ended
I thought "I don't want this to end."
When I got home
dust off my old bike did I
and ride another 36 minutes
on that beautiful afternoon.

It had been many moons
since I felt:
the wind brushing by my face,
the air flowing through my hair,
the rushing roar past my ears.

How I remembered being a kid
when off on my bike did I go.
For it set me free you know.

And what a pleasure this day
turned out to be
just riding away
my bike and me.

So do you remember
something you did
from your childhood?
Now go out and
just be like a kid again.
Enjoy your day 
with the reckless abandonment
of your childhood play.

All my love always, Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment