Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Silent Sentinels


SILENT SENTINELS
10/9/11

Trees: the pines, the pine oaks, all of them
standing there like silent sentinels
watching over God’s domain.
Stars over their heads
and mother earth below their feet,
everywhere I look this day,
I see God!

Above in the heavens so bright
with stars bursting out everywhere.
The three dogs sniffing at things,
I know not what.
Their sense of smell is so much more blessed than mine.
They tug at their leashes pulling me this way and that.

When Skeeter, my cat,
appears out of nowhere once again,
follows us for awhile she does.
She likes to drop by and say hi
then she’s on her way.

I don’t even know when she’s slipped away.
Off into the darkness from which she came.
But we are all wandering in God’s domain,
soaking it in at the start of another glorious day.


We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls.

All My Love Always, Keith




No comments:

Post a Comment