Friday, March 6, 2015

Mystic



Mystic

10/02/11



As a gentle fog

settles over the landscape this day,

there is a steely chill in the air.

I hear a pair of owls

perched somewhere in the pines

as they discuss their day with eerie hoots

drifting back and forth.



The hoots fill my dog’s ears too,

they stop and look up quizzically.

A mystic quality

settles over me

as the hoots float all about

filling the air above.

But when I gaze into the pines,

fog and darkness are all I see.



Sights and sounds

fill our ears,

sometimes

they take our minds

to far off places,

lands of enchantments

and special wonders

they are.



I hope my poem

has brought you

some thoughts of these.

For thankful I am

that I can write

for the enjoyment of thee.



All my love always, Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment