Thursday, March 5, 2015

Lone Star


Lone Star
10/1/11

There’s a lone star this morning
as I wander along.
Sunrise is already well along.
As a new day dawns
it’s dead still
with not a wisp of a breeze,
but I’m still about to freeze.
For this morning feels quite cold.

My bodies still living
in the warmth of summer remembered.
But this morn reminds me
of the change in seasons to be.
For today, there’s nowhere’s else I’d like to be
then walking in nature
and soaking up the start of another day.

As we wander by the pond
an Ibis and Heron hunt their breakfast.
We give them a wide berth so they won’t fly away.
For nature moves at its own pace,
in its own way,
it’s just a joy to see.

At some point today
may you stop and notice
nature's rhythm unfolding.
Realizing we’re all a part
of a grand dance with nature
and more importantly
we’re all interconnected
in a grand dance
with all that is.


All my love always, Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment