Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Thanks for Sharing

Thanks for Sharing
02.10.15

I got an email today that ended with: “thanks for sharing.”
What arose in my consciousness as I read that was very loud and clear: 
 “Sharing heals!”

How many of us wander around with some hurt inside us.
It could be old or new.
But it’s still there, gnawing at us.

Share it,
with a friend, with a loved one
or with a total stranger.
With God as a prayer.

Most of us recoil in horror at the thought of it.
Why?
Do we think no one else has problems?
They’ll think less of us?
They won’t care?
There’s this social stigma that we’ll look weak?

Share it.  
I opened another email
from someone I didn’t even know.
She was given my email because of what I write about.

She shared a very personal and troubling thing with me.
So I wrote her a prayer and told her a couple of things to try.
Recommended the Prayer Ministry Silent Unity
1-800 Now Pray or 1-800-669-7729
or http://www.unity.org/prayer

The point is don’t suffer in silence.
Sharing HEALS!
Try it.
Let someone who loves you know.
My bet is they will be more than willing to hear you out.
Give it a try.
Don’t carry a burden, any burden alone.


Everybody has losses - it’s unavoidable in life. Sharing our pain is very healing.

Isabel Allende

No comments:

Post a Comment