Friday, February 27, 2015

Starry Night



Starry Night  09/28/11

Stole that title from Vincent Van Gogh,
his most famous painting you know.
As I look to the sky the big dipper catches my eye.
It’s been a long time since I’ve looked up
and seen you grace my eyes.

As I wonder how very, very many stars there are
in this dimly lit early morning sky.
I remember reading over 400 billion galaxies there be.
Now I wonder why,
I see so many stars in this sky,
how can it be?
For actually it’s like just one tiny drop of them
that I truly see,
in this vast ocean of the sky
that we humans call the universe.
It’s like an endless sea
stretching out for all eternity.

Ahhh we humans like to think we know it all.
When in actuality we are so very, very small.
We puff ourselves up,
because we cannot comprehend
the enormity of it all!
For in the end we are so very, very small.
But what a wonder it would be
if we could truly comprehend it all.
Then we would be as vast as all eternity,
and totally connected to our true spirituality.


You are not a drop in the ocean.

You are the entire ocean in a drop.

- Rumi -


All My Love Always, Keith


No comments:

Post a Comment