Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Back To Me

Back To Me
9/25/11

For losing my wife - brought my faith back to me.
For I never lost my faith
but I believed so very casually.
But losing my wife so suddenly,
I was shaken to the very core of me.
She was gone from me,
how I longed for it not to be.
There was this huge void in me:
could I ever get back to just being me?

It was not to be
there was this change
going on in me.
At first I knew not
what would become of me.
How was this to be?
For at this point:
I did not even believe in me.
Then one Spring morn
this change began to come over me,
I had no idea what it could be.
Why was this happening to me?
There was a void - that filled - it had to be,
and out of that void - stepped the Presence of God.
Guiding me back ever so gently - not to me - but to the real me.
The one that he has chosen for me,
the spiritual me
for now I see - I was chosen to bring a message to thee.

That God is everywhere for you to see,
he speaks to us through the wind in the trees.
In ways that make you pause,
for that is the trick you see.
You must be open and willing to see,
willing to see in ways that are not all eyes.
It may be a line in a song
that gives you pause
or a casual encounter.
Just remember when you pause
to you he is speaking directly
that’s right to you,
he’s speaking directly to you,
but it’s only for you to see.
For most people just go on their way merrily,
not realizing they even got a message.
For in the end it’s up to you - to see,
and for that I am so very grateful
that now I have learned how to see.
Not with my eyes but with my spiritual soul.
For the messages are sent in so many different ways,
and now I see the presence in me.
The presence,
I see it everywhere,
the presence is everywhere
and so now you see
how losing my wife brought my faith back to me!


All my love always, Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment