Saturday, February 14, 2015

Spiritual Practice

Spiritual Practice
01.30.15

Over the years now I’ve developed a spiritual practice.
It started with just reading some spiritual tome I had put my hands on.
Sitting there silently early in the day with my wife by my side,
both of us just enjoying our presence together.
Reading and probing thought provoking literature with our minds,
occasionally discussing something that really resonates with us.

I often Thank God as soon as I realize I am awake in the morning.
That’s morphed into thanking God whenever I wake up during the night too.
Thanking God as I drift off to sleep.
I’ve added silent and guided meditations and prayer.
I practice Qigong nearly every day.

I’ve incorporated sending love and light to people near and dear to me
and to anyone who just comes to mind during my Qigong practice.  
Some days the energy feels so very powerful,
some days not.
I send it anyways for you never really know
who needs it, or when, nor how much.

We all seem so wrapped up in our lives and so very busy.
That’s what makes your spiritual practice so important.
You are taking time to nurture your connection with all that is.
It’s not about what you read or practice.
It’s about taking the time to honor your spiritual self.

In whatever form that takes.
Mine is like the shifting sands on a beach,
a little different every day.
The gentle swells of something much deeper in me
being allowed their time in the sun.

Take time daily to honor who you are,
a spiritual being having a human experience.
Allow your spirit to grow and experience
by giving love in every form it can imagine.
Practice that every day and there you have it
your own spiritual practice.

Psalms 145:18
The Lord is near to all who call upon him,
to all who call upon him in truth.

God Blesses you and yours this day and every day, Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment