Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The REST is up to You 10.30.15


The REST is up to you story  10.30.15

Any of you who have heard me speak over the last few years
or read my writings will know this.
I have a recurring theme in some of my sharings with you.
Keep an open mind, there are no coincidences and watch for signs.
Those come from a good read and have stayed with me in a significant way.

I love to walk my dogs.
I’m likely to head to Greenway Farms most days to walk in the woods.
It’s nearby, and my dogs love it there.
A couple of weeks ago I headed out the door with that intent.
I just got this feeling “walk local today” or something like that.
So I decided just to take off from my house and walk in the neighborhood.

When I walk, it is often very meditative.
I clear my mind and then see what comes.
The meditations I led recently at church have both have come that way.
The ideas for my messages and writings do too.

This day I was just ambling up a long hill.
When I looked to my left and in this driveway sat a car with a bumper sticker.
The Sabbath:  the REST is up to you!
I thought how wonderful it was and then thought Rev. Christine would love this.
So I texted her about it, and she texted back: “can you take a picture?”
By now I was quite a ways from where I had seen the bumper sticker.
As I read her text, I heard “the car won’t be there.”
In my best affirmation voice I shot back “yes it will!”
As I turned around, it dawned on me that spirit had told me that.
I pondered this as I walked back and saw an empty driveway. 

When I got home, I went to Google Images
and found that phrase has been on:
 bumper stickers, t-shirts, hats, buttons, aprons, you name it.
So I sent Rev. Christine a picture of it on a bumper sticker.
Later I made up the framed version of it that she showed at church
during her last Sabbath spiritual sharing.

My point of all this is back to my three precepts.
Keep an open mind, my mind was clear and open as I saw that.
No monkey mind or thinking of all I was to do after I got home that day
that would have made it an idle glance with no recognition.
Watch for signs.  I knew immediately it reminded me of the series
of Sunday spiritual sharings Rev. Christine was doing on the Sabbath.
There are no coincidences. I also took the time to text her about it,
realizing it was meant to be shared.
Then Rev. Christine incorporated it into her final message on the Sabbath.

So when you feel monkey mind coming on remember:
to keep an open mind, watch for signs, and that there are no coincidences.
I for one believe there are spiritual signs everywhere in our daily lives.
The rest is up to you to notice them.

All My Love Always, Keith


Infinity lies within you...
When you fall into allowing this moment to flow through you,
this moment gives back infinite connectedness.
Edel O'Mahony

No comments:

Post a Comment