Friday, September 25, 2015

Foster 12.06.11


FOSTER  12.06.11

Just got an e-mail from a friend, some mind games just aren’t fun she said.
My response was just to remember you are in control of what you think.
That’s my challenge now, to foster the good, positive, uplifting thoughts
and shoo the others away.
I’m reminded of a passage from Deepak Chopra.
He says if someone insults you, it’s your mind,
you can choose to be insulted or not.
Just because you have a learned response to react as if being insulted,
doesn’t mean it’s not a choice and you can choose not to be.

I’m reminded of a fellow who challenged me verbally one day in a discussion.
This is the way it is!  You’ve got it all wrong!
Rather than be offended and respond that way I just chose to be silent.
For he was free to have his opinion, and I was free to have mine.
A couple of years ago I probably would have at least made an effort to defend my opinion
who knows where it would go from there.

But on this day I chose another way I had stated my case and left it at that.
That’s where it stayed for I didn’t give him anything more to respond to.
It’s OK to disagree, but the ego wants you to step in and defend your position.
They must be brought to understand that you are right, and they are wrong.
The ego wants to fight but if you pause for a second
and realize this is a knee-jerk reaction,
to take offense is a choice and then choose not to respond
or take offense you can find an opportunity to grow, to change.

All My Love Always, Keith

“A resourceful person can see opportunity
when others only see obstacles.”

Garrett Gunderson

No comments:

Post a Comment