Friday, September 18, 2015

The Chill 11.29.11


CHILL  11.29.11

There's a chill in the darkness.  It seeps into my hands.
I’m hunting for warm pockets today.
Alternating the cold away, one hand in and one hand out.
Darkness everywhere.
I enjoy the time just before the dawn.
Expectations of a new day.
Knowing Sunrise is on the way.

I know not what it will bring.
I enjoy just the feeling of being alive.
A deep breath of crisp fresh air.  
The chill of it fills my lungs.
Moving through it as if through a cold blanket, 
the feeling drapes coolness on my cheeks.
It just seeps and creeps into you.

Annie starts to play.
Skeeter, the cat, toys with the dogs.
Makes them chase her,
knowing full well limited they are by their leashes.
She sprints away to just out of reach.
Tugged and pulled I get.
For they are enjoying the day in their own way.

May you find that today.
A way to just enjoy the day.
Be it as simple as a deep breath.
A pet who wants to play.
Or a chill that just make you feel so alive.


All My Love Always, Keith

Stay close to anything that makes you feel alive.
Hafiz

No comments:

Post a Comment