Monday, August 31, 2015

The Way 11.22.11



THE WAY
11.22.11

My hospice counselor recommended this movie, about a man and his loss.
He sets out on a single-minded task.
On the surface, it's just something he has to do.
But the journey it sends him on turns into quite another thing he has to do.
It's no wonder she thought of me numerous times, as she watched it.
So it's no wonder she recommended this to me.
For my eyes welled with tears not far in as I realized my emotions
would be continually tugged and that they were.

For the story tells about the people he meets along the way, all with their stories too.

She reads me like a book for I've met so many people along my way each with their story but they have turned out to be people who have helped me find my way.

Point me in directions that a year or so ago I would never have even dreamed off.
Read books that resonate in my soul, seen things that truly gave me pause,
and made me realize I am not alone.
I'll never be alone!

For there is no THE WAY, each of us has to find his or her OWN WAY.
I often smile now for I've seen it in you my friends
in your prayers, thoughts, and e-mails.
For that, I am thankful you are in my life.
You give me a reason to smile.
A warm, heartfelt, loving smile I give you all
for I know the smile will be returned in kind.
May you have the happiest of days
and share your love freely with those close to you.

All My Love Always, Keith


From Conversations with God By Neale Donald Walsch

This you can do in two ways - by reminding them of Who They Are
(very difficult, because they will not believe you),
and by remembering Who You Are
(much easier, because you do not need their belief, only your own).
Demonstrating this constantly ultimately reminds others of Who They Are,
for they will see themselves in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment