Thursday, August 27, 2015

Heavy, Dense, Gray Fog 11.21.11



HEAVY, DENSE, GRAY FOG
  11.21.11

Heavy, dense, gray fog it even softens the sounds
as well as the images.
The train sounds nearer but not.
For today vague images they are.
Nothing is distinct.

Even streetlights just crawl out of the fog only to slip away again.
Some glow a soft greenish tint others an amber-orange.
All with a strong presence at their center
and then surrounded by their glow.
There's an edge to them like a luminescent ball
that surrounds the light only to fade into the fog.

The trees have a softer appearance the edges so faint
they too slide, in and out, of view.
Where I know what the landscape looks like
is just a soft gray blanket.
Ever present, yet ever elusive.
You can't grab it.
You know it's there.
You see it, but it seems it isn't.

Faith is like the fog.
You know you have it.
You know it's there.
It's hard to fathom sometimes.
Things get revealed that bring questions to your mind,
only to deepen your faith when the answers become apparent.
But faith has roots deeper.
It's in your soul, not your mind where the ever-present glow is.
It's always there.

You just see it, faith that is, differently from day to day.
Some days it shines so brightly, it just fills you with wonder.
Other days your ego mind tries to hide it in a heavy, dense, gray fog.
But then as you walk along your path it shines through even the grayest of days.
It never left, you've always had it.
Give Thanks for all you have even if some of it appears so gray.
May your faith shine forth for you today and so brighten your day.

All My Love Always, Keith


Faith means living with uncertainty - feeling your way through life,
letting your heart guide you like a lantern in the dark.
Dan Millman


From Conversations with God By Neale Donald Walsch
     I will not leave you, I cannot leave you, for you are My creation and My product, 
My daughter, and My son, My purpose and My . . . Self.

     Call on Me, therefore, wherever and whenever
your are separate from the peace that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment