Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Mist



THE MIST
10/18/11

The mist hovers over the ground today
as if tears of sorrow fill the air,
for two of my friends
lost their mates last week

Grief for them, I feel today
for I know the path they walk 
all too well.  It’s only been
thirteen months since my journey 
through grief began.

Visit I did 
and spent 2 1/2 hours or so
with one of them last night. 
Just to let her know
I cared.

Shared some of the things
I learned on my journey.
For grief is like a personality
each of us has their own.

There are some similarities.
As I walk my shadow I do notice
and think of my grief now
is but a shadow
of what it once was.

It’s not easy you see
when you feel like
you’ve lost half of who you are!

My hope is I conveyed
that message to her. 
That move on you can
but I know
not easy will it be.

So the hope
of better days
was all I could leave 
with her this day.

May you touch someone
in need today
and fill them
with the hope they
so desperately need.

No comments:

Post a Comment