Friday, December 11, 2015

Welcome It! 12.11.15



Welcome, It!  12.11.15

I've used this technique for the last year or so.
I adopted it after reading The Untethered Soul by Micahel Singer.
It revolves around the old maxim of "what you resist persists!"
What is it you say?

Simple when I feel a headache coming on
I just think I want to experience the pain of it, all of it.
I want to bring it in.
Feel it and let it be.
Does it work?
Well, it's not 100% but it sure does work an awful lot of the time.
Most of the time what I experience later is "didn't I feel a headache coming on?"

A couple of new reads bring this back to mind.
I'm reading Birthing a Greater Reality by Robert Brumet.
He discusses the great Swiss psychologist C.G. Jung's
shadow concept and how to resolve them.
Then I read a piece from the NY Times about
the Impostor Syndrome by Carl Richards.

www.nytimes.com/2015/10/26/your-money/learning-to-deal-with-the-impostor-syndrome.html?WT.mc_id=2015-KWP-AUD_DEV&WT.mc_ev=click&ad-keywords=AUDDEVREMARK&kwp_0=57791&kwp_4=323406&kwp_1=211278&_r=0

Robert Brumet and Carl Richards
both are saying very similar things.
Brumet lists these steps:
"Healing of the shadow occurs when we:
- Recognize the symptoms.
- Consciously experience these symptoms and fully accept them.
- Dialogue with the symptoms.
- Work with deeper feelings that emerge;
this may be the shadow characteristic itself.
- Dialogue with the shadow characteristic.
- Consciously experience and embrace this quality within yourself;
allow the full experience of the feelings that arise.
- Cultivate understanding and compassion for why this quality was
initially repressed into the shadow;
be patient and gentle with yourself.

Something to think about and try.
As a male, I have had a lot of times where when I felt uncomfortable
it seemed the acceptable thing to do was just stuff those feelings away.
Little did I know I was becoming a shadow creator at that moment.

Now I want to embrace my shadows and bring them to the light.
So I can release these old issues and become a better me.
So I can release these things that trigger old experiences
that I no longer want to respond from.
Or as Carl Richards says in his Impostor Syndrome article:
 “Welcome back old friend. I’m glad you’re here. Now, let’s get to work.”

All My Love Always, Keith




No comments:

Post a Comment