Saturday, December 5, 2015

Run Free 12.05.15


Run Free 12.05.15

Recently someone told me
I needed just to get out and run.
Run like a racehorse.

What's holding me back?
Me of course.
My fears of inadequacy.
My fears of what others may think of me.

I've hesitated for over a year
to lead a practice session in qigong.
Now that I've started I look back
and wonder why I fought myself so.
All those things I just mentioned
slipped away in the mere act of doing.

Can it be the ego is so want to control
that it would even hold you back
from doing something you love? 
In my case it sure has.

So as I look at what's next for me
on my spiritual path.
Writing, teaching and healing are like
neon signs beckoning me.

Beckoning me to overcome
my fears once again.
The hows, the what if's
the I'm not good enoughs.
The who do I think I am's.
The why is this so hard
to break free of my mental chains.

So I am embarking on visioning a new future.
Just for me to be the person I'd love to be.
Not the one I expect people to want me to be.
To be authentic, an unabashed 
blazing light of spirituality unleashed.

Uncertain and leery of where it will take me.
Knowing if I live my life like an 
unbridled racehorse I will take myself 
to places I never could have imagined.
And so it begins.

All My Love Always, Keith




No comments:

Post a Comment