Monday, June 26, 2017

New Day Rising



Rising


Sitting in meditation
as I start this day
my eyes closed in a darkness
that is ever so slowly lifted
as the sun rises.
The sun's increasing brightness
is seen even with shuttered eyes.

Then this feeling
of a growing warmth
caresses my face
as it melds with the light
that has pushed me
into the awareness
of a new day rising.

I get up from my meditation
and take a seat outside.
Sipping my warm beverage
and listening to the bird's sing
as if greeting the new day.

I see a branch move.
A bird takes flight
into the new dawn.
A cardinal is sitting on a wire
chirps then launches
into the air and whisks away.

These are the images and things
I sense on this start
of another beautiful day.
A peaceful, serene feeling
comes over me
as I sit in awareness
of a new day rising.

I set my intention
to carry the rising sun's gift
of serenity and peace
throughout this day.

All My Love Always, Keith



No comments:

Post a Comment