Wednesday, June 7, 2017

If I Were A Tree



If I Were A Tree

The early morning sun filters in.
A cool breeze blows.
There is a softness to the air,
a lightness.

A chipmunk fills its pouches
with seed that hits the deck
from the birds feeding above.

The birds chirp in the woods all around me.
My leaves rustle, my limbs move about
as birds flit to and fro.

The wind freshens
giving my branches and foliage a voice
that they have not.

I observe
anchored there in silence
this day as it unfolds
in its singular and unique way.

Yes if I were a tree
 I would dearly love
this breezy day.

Standing so quiet and still
yet feeling the coolness
of the Zephyr as it moves me.

I so enjoy the wind
for it moves me
in ways, I cannot.

My limbs wave and sway
in appreciation
of the movement
brought to them.

Yes if I were a tree
I would love days
such as these.


All My Love Always, Keith


No comments:

Post a Comment