Sunday, June 25, 2017

I Am . . . .



I am . . . . 

I was hunting around for a meditation on YouTube today.
Not sure where I would end up
but led to something I knew I would be.

I wound up enjoying a Wayne Dyer I Am meditation.
He gave a few minutes of suggestions
before the actual meditation
suggesting that we use the words,
I Am as we meditated.

I followed his suggestions
and what came was I Am Fearless.
Knowing that has been an issue for me since I was a child.
I have this fear of being accepted of not fitting in.
When I Am Fearless arose in my mind,
I knew it was strongly rooted
in those childhood concerns
that I still carry with me.

As I've stepped into my Spirituality
in ways, I never considered possible or even real
I know they are still with me.
Tugging at me as I step deeper
into this Spiritual realm that at times
seems so out of the mainstream of acceptance,
forcing me to tread back
into that fear I still have.

I continued with that I Am Fearless mantra for some time
then let it branch off into some affirmations
I have used off and on this last year or so.
But when it came to feeling led to write about it
I knew the reason was fear.

So today I am practicing being fearless.
Rising above my past and looking at it in a new way,
and shifting my focus to dealing with it in a new way.
I know I can continue to grow,
learn, and most importantly change.

I have said in these pages before,
and I'll end with this.  I believe we are here:
To  Grow  In  Love,
To  Share  In  Love,
To  Be  Love,
And  To  See  Where  It  Takes  Us.

Sometimes that means taking a look inward
and being willing to face an old fear.
Will I become fearless, and confident in my skin,
in my beliefs, and be ready to express them openly,
to truly own who I have become?

That remains to be seen,
but one thing is for certain
if I don't examine my fears
and challenge myself to find ways to change them
they will never change
they will just be a lifelong companion.


All   My   Love   Always,   Keith


The YouTube link to the meditation I used today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzdNYhQQbw&t=32s&spfreload=10




No comments:

Post a Comment