Thursday, April 2, 2015

I Like To Write


I LIKE TO WRITE
10/15/11

Here I sit at the start of another day
already one post I have sent today.
One more I have composed.
Now, another I write this day.

How is it so?
For it was after midnight when I retired
and yet at 4 am I awake thinking of Fight 232.
My mother survived that harrowing ordeal.
Oldest living survivor she was in an Iowa cornfield.

Of that, I write for two hours or so.
For it will be a part of my new book.
Then I walk and pen another
and now before I go
yet one more I do write.

This creative force has possessed me so.
People ask me how I get anything else done.
It’s through a lack of normal sleep,
I guess.
For it’s gone on for weeks and I do not stop
and dead tired I am not.

May you find something
that drives you so.
Ever onward,
ever upward,
It’s a wonderful ride
You know.

P.S.  A note about the book.
Still working on it am I,
twelve chapters in after 3 ½ years or so.
Found a resource through a church publication
that helps aspiring authors
launch their book, excited about that.
Once the move is over and we’re settled
I plan on really exploring the publishing of it.
Stay tuned.

All My Love Always, Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment