Thursday, April 2, 2020

Philip John



Philip John

April 2nd, 1987


Today I honor the son
I never got to know.
Philip John Noyes,
his birthdate and angel date,
is the same April 2, 1987.
Philip was stillborn;
he would have been
33 years old today.

Philip,
we lovingly anticipated
your birth.
We were excitedly
telling your two siblings
about your pending arrival.
We made plans for you
and prepared a room for you.
We dreamed of how our lives
would change with you in it.
Given a name you were.
But you only blessed us
with the nine months
you were in the womb.

Oh, how we grieved
losing you so soon.
Oh, how we wished
we could have held you
and played with you,
how we wanted to see
who you would become.
We only got to keep you
in our arms
just once;
to say goodbye,
to wonder why.

Jane, your mom,
left to be with you
nearly ten years ago,
having never resolved 
the enormous grief
of losing you.
It took
my grieving your mom
to finally come
to a closure
of losing you.

My views
about life, love, and death
are dramatically different now.
Your mother's transition
brought me to a 
spiritually
transformative
experience;
that STE
radically altered
my concept of reality.
A shift in perception
that led me on a journey
into my spiritual nature
that is still going on today.
That is ever-evolving
into a deeper understanding
of my spiritualness.

It eventually led me
to heal from your
sudden and
unexpected transition
from this thing
we humans call life.

Lost to me, you no longer are,
you exist in another realm;
one of unconditional love and light.
My continuing spiritual journey
and the medium Suzanne Giesemann
helped bring me
to that understanding
when she brought both you
and your mom through
in a reading.

Yes, Philip,
I still and will forever
miss sharing your physical presence.
I will forever miss
seeing you and experiencing you
growing into a young man.

But I know
your energetic presence
is forever with me.
I know my
loving thoughts and words
are received by you.
In the world of Love and Light,
where you and your mom are
all is energy, all is known.

And for that,
I am grateful
for the journey I have been on.
I am thankful you led me
to ask the question of why?
And I am pleased
that I finally took up the challenge
to dig into the why of it.

I love you,
Philip,
always will,
Dad.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for sharing your journey and your love.

    ReplyDelete