Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Journey of Remembrance


Journey of Remembrance

If I look back with eyes of awareness,
my spiritual journey has been a life long pursuit.
Lost in my humanness and the vagaries
of raising a family for decades.
I admit I was unaware of this
for a large part of my life.

A significant shift occurred in 2010.
The intensity of exploring my spirituality took off.
I started devouring books on it
and came to find
spiritual mentors and practices along the way.

My spiritual practice
has evolved and morphed over the years,
meditation and spiritual readings
have become an ingrained daily action.
I often begin and end my day that way.

Last night I picked up a favorite read
Spiritual Growth by Sanaya Roman.
A single chapter is easy to read before bed.
I enjoy ending my days
with a focus on my spiritual nature.

That lead me to read chapter 11
Accelerating Your Growth.
On page 109 I read
“for the more you desire it,
the more you bring
a spiritual intention
to everything you do…”

As words and sentences began flooding into my mind,
I knew I was being called
to write about these contemplations.
Bring a spiritual awareness
to everything you witness
unfolding in your life.
I am love, I am peace, I am serenity,
I am aware I have a choice.

As I wrote this,
I was reminded of another teaching
Suzanne Giesemann’s meditation CD
Journey of Remembrance.
I picked up my iPod and listened to it yet again.

The meditation leads you through
the Sacred Seven which are
Joy, Peace, Strength, Courage,
Gratitude, Humility, and Love.

Contemplating the Journey of Remembrance meditation,
A spiritual awareness of it opens.
A realization that everything you witness
unfolding in your life
is guided by spirit.

I am Joyous, I am Peaceful,
I am Strong, I am Courageous,
I am Grateful, I am Humble,
I am Loving.

These are not qualities
that exist “out there.”
They are found innately within me, always.
I am a spiritual being
having a human experience.

A feeling of serenity
arrives with the awareness
that I still have a choice
to live from any
or all
or none
of these qualities.

In any moment
I can choose
Joy, Peace,
Strength, Courage,
Gratitude, Humility,
or Love.

When I see through
the eyes of my Soul,
my Higher Self
I live from these
because I innately am these.




All My Love Always, Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment