Monday, May 15, 2017

Repressed


Repressed


Sitting here wondering
whether even to write this,
this inner journey I've been on,
looking at some old notes
from January of 2015.

Repressed was the word
that reached out
and grabbed me.
How as a youth I was taught
to hold the real me at bay,
physically taught that at one point,
emotionally taught it at another.
Many others actually.

My quandary is how to make this upbeat.
Uncovering old wounds
brings them to the light
of a new understanding,
birthing a new you.

As if I were a Spiritual seed
lost in the darkness surrounding me
only to break through the surface
into the light of the Love 
that I always knew was there. 

Once exposed
I bloom with Love,
understanding, and acceptance
of what was, and what is.
And that my journey
into the Light
of the Love that I Am,
and we all are
continues ever onward.  


Awakening to my Spirituality
and sharing it.

All My Love Always, Keith


No comments:

Post a Comment