Monday, May 8, 2017

Highly Favored


Highly Favored

My wife and I went for a walk the other day.
Took a route down the hill where we live.
We don’t usually go that way
it’s a half mile downhill to the next road,
a bit of a challenge when we eventually turn around
and head for home.
But this day we did.
We got about halfway down the hill
when we saw this little old lady
struggling to get her garbage can to the curb.

 As we approached her,
Laura said to her “do you remember when we had the big snow
and I couldn’t get up the hill?
 I had to leave my car in your driveway for three days
until it was safe enough to get it.”
So we struck up a conversation.
She told us she had fallen and got hurt.
She had dementia, and her son had taken away her car.
Laura asked her how she felt about that.
She said, “I am blessed and highly favored.”
She told us she lived by that saying
for a very long time.

With no car, she wasn’t getting to church much these days.
But word had gotten out at church that she had fallen.
She had some visitors stop by
but having forgotten her name they addressed her
as if her name was I am blessed and highly favored.
We had a very nice chat with her,
and she kept on coming back to that phrase.
As we said our goodbyes,
she just looked at us with her loving eyes and said:
“You are blessed and highly favored too!”
So I leave you with the same thought today
for you are too! 


All My Love Always Keith   


No comments:

Post a Comment