Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Let The Ancients Speak


 I took a class about Inspirational Writing last week.
In preparation, we were told to
sit quietly and invite the Divine connection.
The instructor Minister Steven Upton picks a song
and asks us just to let the words flow from our pens
as we become aware of them in our minds.
Just write what comes.
Your mind is passive
this is the work of Spirit moving you,
bringing a message to you
and ultimately through you. 
He told us he had met a gentleman who was a linguist.
He was Dutch and named Hein Bratt. 
He studied all sorts of languages and told Steven
Sanskrit was the most complex language he'd ever studied.
Then he played a Sanskrit OM chant for us by Hein Bratt.
We knew our assignment:
get our minds quiet,
open to Spirit,
and let Spirit lead.

Here is what I wrote: 

The Ancients Speak

The Ancients Speak in ways
I sometimes do not understand.
That is not the point;
feeling is the point.
Feel the love and inspirations
of the tones, the inflections.
Take me for a walk into my core,
into my connection with The All That Is.
Move me to a depth of understanding
beyond words,
beyond letters.
The hum of life forever echoes
through all eternity.
May you become familiar
with its voice,
its subtleness,
its life.


All My Love Always, Keith

Here's a link to this chant. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N10A8wKlGAs&t=55s


No comments:

Post a Comment