Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Choice

 

Choice 01.13.21

 

Grateful and Thankful

I chose to read

this blog post

this morning.

https://youarelovenow.com/2021/01/13/a-choice-of-love-2/

I responded to it

with this:

 

The ability

to make a choice

is such a gift.

Sitting in awareness

and leaving that option

of choice open

is allowing yourself

the Grace To Be.

 

Do I allow myself

to be dragged

into negative thinking

by the ego,

or do I allow myself

to view all things

through the eyes

of the love I am,

that we all are.

 

During

the most trying moments

when my son

was in the ICU

after emergency brain surgery,

I was consumed

by all sorts of

negative thoughts.

I asked myself why?

I meditate all the time;

why isn't it helping

now?

 

At that moment,

I chose to seek

that stillness

I was so familiar with.

What came

immediately was this:

"Breath in Love, Exhale Peace."

It brought me home

to my center,

where Love resides.

It calmed

my monkey mind then.

It sustained me

for all the ensuing

difficult times

of his two year battle

with brain cancer.

 

And now,

as his first Angelversary

approaches,

it comes up

as a choice to make

yet again.

Again I lean on the mantra

that came

from the stillness

that day in the ICU.

I am continuing

to choose

to anchor myself

in it:

Breath in Love, Exhale Peace.

It always leads me

back to the Love

that birthed us all.

 All My Love always, Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment