Saturday, October 7, 2017

I Have A Glass


I Have A Glass

Glass half empty
I used to be that way a lot.
There was this pessimistic bent
to my thoughts.
It got to be a bit
of a pervasive pattern
of feeling.

But what are thoughts?
Can't they be changed?
Why do we try to fit
new events
into old patterns?

I guess that's where
I am now.
I've changed my thoughts.
Was it intentional?
Sure at times, it was,
and sometimes it was not.

Now I'm just happy
to have a glass.
I know there are times
it will be overflowing,
others not so much.

But all along
I still have the glass,
and I can choose to perceive
what is in the glass
in many different ways.

Isn't that what awareness is?
So today I choose to be grateful
I have a glass,
no matter how much is in it.
I choose not to judge
the level in the glass
but to just be thankful
for what I have in it.

Even if it is empty
for I know that will change
soon enough
if I stay focused on being
grateful and thankful
for what I do have. 

I have a glass
and for me right now
that is enough.

All My Love Always, Keith





No comments:

Post a Comment